AnnChuangCrafts

AnnChuangCrafts

2018-04-01

HOPE IS NEVER LOST

Hi everyone,
I decided to create something different this weekend.


I took the smaller tray in my stash and gave it a coat of gesso to prime the surface, inside and out. I then painted the tray in Gathered Twigs and Tea Dye Distress Paint, giving it a couple of coats and allowing it to dry thoroughly in between each layer of paint. To age the tray and create a more worn look to the exterior, I then sanded some of the edges to reveal the wood beneath the paint.
For the inside, I used the beautiful Paper Stash Wallflower Vellum and attached this with Miro Art Gel Medium to the back wall of the tray and applied Vintage Collage Medium on the panel. I then attached a Quote Chips along the base of the tray. 
The central, I teared a corrugated card and painted some gesso randomly. I added cheesecloth on the corrugated and then attached metal adornments on the central.
I added a couple of butterflies and flowers from the Botanical Layers Ephemera set to complete the scene. Hope you like it.


Thanks so much for stopping by & have a nice day!
Until Next Time,
Hugs & Love,


Ann






Supplies:







Proud to enter my project into the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday : Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge A - Anything but a card






12 則留言:

  1. This is such a beautiful piece of art! I love all the different elements you were able to combine so skillfully. It has so much texture due to the materials you used and I think it came together so well. Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    回覆刪除
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet, good luck!!! Amy DT

    回覆刪除
  3. This is amazing Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    回覆刪除
  4. What a lovely piece. Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month.

    回覆刪除
  5. Gorgeous altered tray Ann! It's so pretty and beautifully decorated.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    回覆刪除
  6. A fabulous piece of upcycling. Thank you for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    回覆刪除
  7. What a fabulous alteration!!! I love the details: the cheesecloth on the corrugated board, the spatters on the beautiful paper and all the metallic and paper elements!!! Great work!!! Thank you for joining the April challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    回覆刪除
  8. This is absolutely delightful Ann a gorgeous treasure in it's own right. Thanks for taking the time to share it for our fourth birthday celebrations at A Vintage Journey. Hugs Brenda xxx

    回覆刪除
  9. I love this precious keepsake shadow box - beautiful use of all the metal and paper elements - a wonderful 3D collage. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    回覆刪除
  10. Lovely make! I love the Vintage feel of the piece. Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenge this month!

    回覆刪除
  11. I just love your project..beautifully crafted.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..

    回覆刪除

Thanks so much for stopping !